Charlesgate Gets Five-Star Rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Charlesgate Nursing Center proudly announces that for the second time in 2017, we have received a five-star rating – the highest possible quality rating for nursing homes – from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The five-star rating is calculated based on state survey results, staffing, and quality measures and evaluates the quality of care and services of certified CMS nursing homes. The five-star rating supports Charlesgate’s commitment to excellence and to providing the best care to our residents and families.
Our continued success is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our team at all levels, including physicians, nurses, CNAs, CMTs, social workers, activities staff, dietary team members, therapists, and many other care professionals.
- Charlesgate outperforms other Rhode Island and national facilities with one of the lowest rehospitalization rates in the area.
- Charlesgate has a high rate of successful discharges to the community of short-term residents.
- Charlesgate has a lower rate of residents who develop urinary tract infections.
- Charlesgate has a lower rate of long-stay residents who report moderate to severe pain.
- Charlesgate has a lower rate of long-stay, high-risk residents with pressure ulcers.
- Charlesgate has a lower rate of long-stay residents whose need for help with daily activities has increased.
We are centrally located on the bus line, have air conditioning throughout the facility, offer free internet access and basic computer classes to residents, allow smoking in supervised areas at specified times and have an active recreational program. Many staff are CPI trained. We provide rehab, wound care and IV therapy. We accept most insurances. If you have any questions or would like a tour of Charlesgate Nursing Center, we would welcome you to stop by or to set up an appointment for a tour by calling the Admissions Office at 401-861-5858.